Loved 4 Life
LOVED 4 LIFE™
is a ‘not for profit’ organisation funded entirely by donations from various sources.
What we do at LOVED 4 LIFE™
- We create and sew a quilt for each new baby born into our community.
- We prepare a homemade meal to take to the family after the baby is born.
- We hold Parent Education workshops and events for parents to further grow their skills to love their children for life.
- We knit pure wool garments for premature babies.
Loved 4 Life Vision
- Our vision is to positively impact families
- Our goal is that every child will be LOVED 4 LIFE™ and that parents will have the skills for this to happen
Loved 4 Life Values
- Love and Caring;
We show respect for each other and for all the families and community members we meet in our work for LOVED 4 LIFE™.
LOVED 4 LIFE™ work brings joy to each family we meet and to our hard working volunteers.
We demonstrate responsibility in our handling of LOVED 4 LIFE™ resources.
We care about children and family values, and have a heart for involvement in this initiative.
We are inter-denominational, welcome volunteers, and reach out to families from all races and creeds.
A special ‘LOVED’ quilt is made for each new baby that is born into the community, which is then delivered as a gift to the family. Each (car seat/bassinette sized) quilt, bears the ‘LOVED’appliqué and displays the official LOVED 4 LIFE ™ member label on the back.
4 ribbons are sewn on the quilt, and the first knot in each ribbon is tied by the LOVED 4 LIFE™ team member making the quilt. As they tie the ribbons they pray for the child and the family;
“May God’s love like sunlight, always surround you.”
The parents are encouraged to use the ribbons as a celebration of the child’s development, and to tie a knot when they notice any of the many positive things that the child does, e.g. a smile, a first tooth, a chuckle, learning to sit up etc. They can also use the ribbons to add to the prayers and blessings for the child.
Prepare a homemade meal to take to the family in the early weeks after the baby is born.
Parents are often tired and sleep deprived and love having a home cooked meal delivered as a gift from the community.
- Knit pure wool garments for premature babies.
- Hold Parent Education workshops and events for parents to further grow their skills to love their children for life.
… and so the love goes around and around!
If you want to know more about L4L or wish to be involved, please fill in the form here, and select Loved 4 Life